The History of Miller Capital Partners
The Bell Rock Lighthouse, pictured throughout this website, is one of the world's oldest surviving sea-washed lighthouses. It was completed in 1810 and has been described as one of the Seven Wonders of the Industrial World. It was an inspiration to Henry Miller, who set up a business in Birmingham in 1869 making bicycle lights, and for whom an early commercial success was named the Bell Rock, selling all over Europe.
The business was passed down to Henry's sons, Fred and Albert, who took it public in 1898. They were major industrialists of their time, with over 80 patents to their names and a worldwide concern. They continued to operate under the Bell Rock brand until the 1930s.
The third generation of Millers (Maurice, Gordon and Norman) introduced the Miller Diamond as their logo in the early 1930s. The business operated with that brand under the fourth generation (Michael), and until it ceased trading in the early 1990s.
In 1999 the business was resurrected under the fifth generation (Jim), initially trading under a different name, and now as Miller Capital Partners. For more information on our history download our presentation.